The Public Defender is an elected official who has a constitutional duty to provide legal representation to persons in jeopardy of losing their liberty who cannot afford to hire a private attorney.
Position Type: Full-time
The clerk works in conjunction with attorneys, paralegals and others providing legal services to our clients. Job involves routine clerical tasks such as: filing, copying, scanning, data entry.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and data entry
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in and or knowledge of maintaining, uploading and downloading all forms of digital media and digital documents.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency in the operation of office equipment to include, multifunction copier, scanner, mailing systems and folding machines
- One year of previous office experience preferred
- Detail and task oriented
How You Will Be Evaluated
After that review, you may be required to participate in a selection interview.
Salary and Benefits
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace. Applicants will be considered irrespective of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or political affiliation.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or the People First Service Center (1-877-562-7287). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.